Summer can be an absolute nightmare on your feet. So, here’s how to protect your feet this summer with We Fix Feet!
The mixture of heat, sun, and water can take a toll on your feet. But, you know what? It doesn’t have to be a problem!
These simple steps to fabulous summer feet will keep your feet healthy and looking their best during warm summer weather.
- Be liberal with your use of sunscreen. Cover yourself in an SPF30 (or higher) from head to toe. Be liberal with the sunscreen to your feet, not forgetting to massage it into the toes and soles A lot of people forget to cover their feet with sunscreen. Avoid sunburn pain and discomfort!
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours and after swimming or showering!
- The sun tends to be at its strongest between the hours of 10 am and 3pm. Try to keep your sun exposure to a minimal during those times. Therefore, you can still have a good time by keeping your activities in shaded areas during the hottest times of the day.
- Definitely take advantage of the warm weather to wear sandals or open-toed shoes. However, consider covering your feet up with shoes if you are going to be spending extended periods outdoors.
- Inspect your feet often, as early detection is the best practice for preventing serious issues. Keep an eye out for abnormal-looking freckles or moles, especially ones that change in shape or size. If you find anything, seek professional advice from your We Fix Feet foot care professional.
Keep your feet happy this summer.
Keep your feet healthy all summer long and your tootsies will thank you.
- Clean your feet after water activities. Rinse your feet with clean water after swimming in pools, rivers, lakes or the sea . Stagnant water often contain bacteria that could potentially lead to foot infections and should be avoided.
- Avoid going barefoot on sand and outdoor ground surfaces. They can get extremely hot from the sun. As such, ensure you wear beach shoes, sandals or flip-flops to protect the soles of your feet. Consequently, this will ensure your feet are protected from burning and blistering when walking on these hot surfaces. Take extra care with young children, as their skin will be thinner and more sensitive.
Are your feet ready for summer?
Remember to book your appointment at our Podiatry and Foot Healthcare clinics in the East Midlands and South Yorkshire well in advance of your holidays. Summer is a busy time for We Fix Feet clinics. Avoid disappointment by booking your appointment now. Have a wonderful and safe summer!