Our feet are complex structures with 26 bones, 33 joints and more than 100 muscles, tendons and ligaments, plus 250,000 sweat glands.
We could expect them to carry us the equivalent of 5 times around the world in our lifetime - something we take for granted. However, the smallest problem with these complex structures can stop us in our stride!
To help keep you and your feet healthy, we can carry out a range of foot health checks to keep you stepping ahead and enjoying life:
- Vascular Assessment - to ensure your blood flow is within normal limits
- Neurological Assessment - to ensure your pain and sensory receptors are within a healthy range
- Joint range of movement assessment - Arthritis is a common problem of the feet, whether it’s the toes, arches or ankle. Restricted or hypermobility can cause problems with mobility and pain.
- Footwear Assessment - Footwear is the most common cause of foot pain; whether it’s corns or callus from footwear rubbing on the skin, plantar fasciitis from unsupportive footwear, or fungal problems and sweaty feet
- Provide expert advice - We will discuss with you any concerns you may have with your feet and advise on how best together we manage your foot health