Swift Microwave Verruca and Wart Treatment
The new alternative to painful Cryotherapy, Acids and Ablative Laser Therapy
This innovative UK developed microwave therapy for the treatment of verruca, or plantar warts, and other skin lesions is a breakthrough for patients looking for fast and effective treatment.
Swift provides patients with an easy, effective and precise way of treating viral plantar warts (verrucae).
With the Swift Microwave Verruca Therapy treatment, there are a number of benefits:
- No anaesthetic required – Patients report that discomfort caused by the treatment only lasts 2-3 seconds, and dissipates instantly once the treatment is over – leaving only low levels of post-procedural pain*. Patients can return to normal daily activity after undergoing this pioneering therapy for verrucae.
- Only minimal lesion reduction necessary – Only a light debridement of the verruca is necessary to ensure a clean surface contact with the Swift applicator. With other traditional treatments, heavy debridement is often necessary, which can cause severe discomfort for the patient.
- No dressings usually required – As microwaves do not break the surface of the skin, the requirement for post-procedural padding or dressings is greatly reduced.
*According to feedback from an independent clinical study.
Want to book your Swift Microwave Therapy?
The fast and effective treatment for Verrucas and Warts
What is Swift?
Swift is a pioneering new technology that has been developed within the United Kingdom, which has been licensed for the general treatment of skin lesions, which includes verrucae and warts, in Dermatology and Podiatry.
Microwave energy is delivered through the special Swift probe that is applied to the skin to treat the affected tissue.
Does Swift Microwave Treatment hurt?
As with all treatments for skin lesions, some minor discomfort may be experienced. Your Podiatrist at We Fix Feet may choose to lightly reduce any overlying callus from the verruca with a blade. Although pain levels will vary from person to person, most people undergoing Swift therapy describe any pain during the procedure as similar to that of an injection or a scratch, lasting 2-3 seconds, then quickly subsiding.
Will my activity be limited after Swift treatment?
After treatment of verruca with Swift Microwave Therapy the treated area may in some cases feel sore, but this should not limit or prevent you from undertaking normal daily activity, unlike the after effects of freezing or ablative laser.
How many Swift treatments will I need?
All patients can be different, as this is dependent on your own immune system and how you respond to treatment. You may need up to 3 treatments which are usually delivered one month apart and then a further follow-up treatment three months after the third. Your foot care expert at We Fix Feet will be able to discuss this with you. Most patients respond well with this tried and tested protocol for the eradication of their long term, persistent verrucas on their feet or warts on their hands.
Can anyone receive Swift Microwave Therapy?
With a few exceptions, most people with skin lesions would be able to have this treatment. Your foot care professional will carry out an assessment prior to treatment and be able to advise you on this. However, ensure you discuss the following if they apply to you with our clinicians before treatment:
- Metal pins, plates or replacement joints in the foot or ankle
- Pacemaker or other electronic implant
Neuropathy or poor peripheral circulation
- Poor or limited healing capacity
- Pregnancy or breast feeding. It is known that verrucas and warts can increase in size during this period
- Low pain threshold
- Young children – treatment on children under ten years old may not be appropriate